Best At Home Work Out Apps
Best At Home Work Out Apps
New year, new you – is that your mantra this time around? If so, you are not alone. Getting in shape for the new year is a great plan and goal to have. We all indulge over the holidays, making January the perfect month to get into shape and start changing our minds and bodies.
Many people also choose to get in shape at home. You can do a lot of amazing workouts without ever leaving your house (and fighting traffic, crowds at the gym, creepers, etc.) The best part is that there are a ton of apps to help keep you motivated and on track.
The problem is that there are a ton of apps to choose from. This list has narrowed down some of the best at home work out apps for 2020.
If you are in this for the long haul (and a Millenial), the Noom app is just for you. This app is different because it takes the approach to weight loss with the inclusion of psychology. It creates goals that are tangible and sustainable, while educating you on your habits with regard to eating and exercise. You can receive individualized coaching and a supportive community.
Additionally, you will get:
- A personalized calorie breakdown based on a series of lifestyle questions.
- A place to log the foods you eat by searching a database or scanning barcodes.
- In-app pedometer.
- A way to log exercise, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
- In-app 1:1 health coaching during business hours.
- Extra ways to stay motivated with interactive articles and quizzes.
Couch to 5K
An oldie but a goodie, the Couch to 5K app is a great way to literally get your butt off the couch and hitting the pavement. This is a great app for those who like to ease into a program. Every participant goes at their own rate and ability. Some highlights of this app include:
- Alternate between walking and running to build strength.
- Perfect for first-time runners.
- The plan is 8 weeks long with workouts 3 days a week.
- Workouts that last between 30 and 40 minutes.
- Track calories, distance, listen to music and have an in-ear coach helping you along the way.
You can now put yoga right in your back pocket. The app Pocket Yoga is designed to have you take your yoga session on the run. With this app you will have the ability to choose from a variety of practices, duration, and different difficulty levels. It does not matter your skill level, there will be a practice made just for you.
Additionally, the app comes with a dictionary of poses, so you can brush up on posture, alignment, description and benefits of each pose. All you have to do is pick your environment and skill level, then away you go!
If you are looking for an app to help get you a very personalized routine in the gym or at your home gym, then the Fit Bod app is the one for you to download. The best part is that this app doesn’t just keep track of your workout, it has an algorithm that understands your strength-training ability, studies your past workouts and adapts to your needs. Sets, reps, and weights will all be suggested for your workout and you can add, delete or change what you find necessary. As you get stronger, the Fit Bod app will push you to do more.
If you want your workout app to stream over 1,000 workouts, then Beach Body on Demand is the app for you this year. The most popular and proven workouts are here at your fingertips.
Enjoy the following features:
- Exercise in as little as 10 minutes, with or without equipment.
- Choose from strength training, yoga, cardio, dance, mixed martial arts and more.
- Get coaching and nutrition tips.
- Download videos to save for later.
- Track your progress with a workout summary.
Their motto goes: “Have Fun. Get Fit. Repeat.” This app allows you to stream hundreds of workouts from the comfort of your own home or wherever you need to work-out at. They can tailor a workout regime for your level, lifestyle and goals.
Here’s what the app comes with:
- Nutrition plans
- Built-in rest days
- Weight tracker
- Goal tracker
- Group or one-on-one training sessions
- Community chat
This is your year to shine and take charge of your health. All of these apps have the ability to help you get fit in 2020. Is this your year?